Me at 35 weeks. Chris hasn't quite mastered our digital camera, so this is a little fuzzy, but it's the only one we've got, unfortunately. Everybody I talk to comments on how tiny I look for 35 weeks. I assume they're talking about my belly, because I'm definitely at my biggest everywhere else! Some people assume I'm due at the end of the year, rather than early August.
My last appointment (at about 37 weeks) with the midwife (yes, I was able to get in with the midwives at Shady Grove Hospital!) had me measuring the exact same as the previous two weeks, which concerned her a little. I also lost a pound rather than gaining any weight. She asked me if the baby had dropped, and I told her I didn't notice any difference. But, in hindsight, I have had less heartburn, and lately I have noticed feeling more pressure and discomfort.
My midwife had me get an ultrasound just to make sure he was developing okay. I was a little worried, but I figured he was probably okay because he's been so active and his heart rate has been solid. The ultrasound for 37 weeks had him measuring at just about 6 pounds exactly--which sounds just about right to me. So, he definitely won't be too small upon delivery, and I'm thinking he won't be too big either. He was also in the perfect anterior, head-down position, which is awesome and I hope he stays that way. So, we have a healthy baby boy who we'll get to meet in just a few short weeks!!
Apartment photos! This first dim photo is of our packed little living room. It's a little small, but it suits our needs just fine.
View from the living room into the entryway and the dining room.
The dining room with our new Ikea bookshelf. I didn't realize how many books we had--we were thinking we would have shelves to spare on this bookcase. Chris and I love to read books together--it's a favorite pastime.
Our kitchen, from one side, newly remodeled. The floor plan of the apartment is an older one, so it's not very open. But we are happy with our lovely kitchen. A big upgrade from our tiny kitchen in Chicago. It may seem small to some, but to us, it's huge! And we finally have the first dishwasher and garbage disposal of our marriage. Yay! These are some of the finer things in life, I've decided.
The master bedroom. It's been so hot, that we don't even use our comforter--just a sheet and a thin blanket. The room is a little bit crowded at this point. We are currently trying to find a space for my card crafts, which will eventually go into the closet. And we are keeping the pack-n-play in our bedroom for the first little bit for convenience. After Chris goes back to work, I imagine we'll move Peter to his bedroom. We don't have pictures of his bedroom yet, because we haven't gotten it ready. It's mostly just an empty room, and we are waiting on the delivery of our crib.
This is the other half of the master bedroom, with the vanity in the bedroom rather than the master bathroom. It's a little old fashioned--reminds me of the house I grew up in. But it's so nice to have our own bathroom right next to our bedroom. We feel spoiled.
The bathroom is the door pictured on the right, and our walk-in-closet and linen closet are opposite the bathroom door.
I did not take pictures of the second bathroom or the laundry room, but it is so nice to have both of those as well. No more laundry cards or hauling laundry back and forth up and down the stairs. And I don't feel like I have to cram all of our laundry into a single load to get the most out of my $2. So nice.
2 comments:
Hi Dawn! I read the "Disclaimer" note and it sounds like you found a midwife, so I hope that is good news and you are ok! I remember being so disappointed after all my planning that I didn't have the birth experience I'd imagined. Both you and Chris make some good points. I hope it's come round to a semi-acceptable resolution! I love your little apartment and can't wait to camp out on your couch and help in every way possible! Please let me know if it would be easier for both of you if I stay in a hotel. I'm happy to do that, as well. But, I figure if you want some sleep during the night or something, it's easier if I'm on site. You let me know, though. Whatever you like! I'm thinking, too, that you'll want some time alone with Chris and your little guy. If that's the case, you can always let me know when you go into labor, and I'll change my flight for a few days down the line so your little family can have some privacy. Whatever you want. I want this to go however you have pictured it! I'm excited to see you!
Congrats on the new arrival, Dawn!
Post a Comment