Aunt Melanie took pictures of Peter at 4 months, but I have yet to get copies of those pictures. So for now, here are some of him a little older.
It's been a busy two months since the last posting. We had a lovely Thanksgiving here in Maryland, and then went to Washington for a week in December. Peter had fun getting to know his Grandpa and Grandma Stucki. He is connecting with people socially now, and so it is fun for him to be with people, especially people other than Mom and Dad. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera with me, and so I have no pictures of that trip. The only pictures of the trip are the ones that Melanie took of Peter, so hopefully I’ll have those pretty soon.
Peter has been growing like a weed! Since trying to get him off the bottle, I had perhaps been feeding him a little too much since I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting from nursing. As a result, at his 4 month appointment, he went from the 25% to 45% in height, the 10% to 70% for weight, and the 10% to 70% for head circumference. So, we now have a short, fat baby instead of a long skinny one. Once I addressed Peter affectionately as "fat boy", and now Chris enjoys addressing him thus. They measured his head three times just to be sure--once the first time, second by the nurse, and third by the doctor. They were a little concerned and gave us a referral for an ultrasound to check and make sure his head is okay. However, the doctor did say, "He's probably fine. It could just be that he genetically has a large head." I didn't respond that his father also has a large head, and that this was probably the case. We're not really worried about it, but I should probably get him in soon just as a precaution.
Peter has been meeting all of his milestones in a timely manner, but more so socially rather than physically. His head control has probably been the slowest, and now we know why. It must be hard to hold up that noggin! :) Anyway, he has been growing to be very social and attention-loving. He smiles and coos and laughs at just about everyone who smiles at him. When we were walking down the corridor to our flight to Washington, there were life-sized posters of smiling Southwest employees, and Peter was smiling at all of them. It's like he thought they were all there for him. So cute.
Peter also is very curious, and loves to be carried around and looking at everything. The downside to this is that we have to carry him around often to keep him happy. If we leave him in his swing for longer than he likes, he voices his frustration by lip-trills. It's quite amusing.
Two days ago, Peter finally flipped from his front to his back during tummy time. He hasn't done it since, but again, it's probably hard with that huge noggin of his.
In other news, Chris and I both have callings in the ward now. He is the varsity coach for the teacher's quorum, and I have been called as the Relief Society meeting coordinator (formerly the enrichment meeting coordinator). We have been joking that since they dissolved the ward activity coordinator calling, that those responsibilities will be relegated to me, as the Elder's quorum isn't usually one to plan activities. Anyway, since I was called to the activity, I had about two weeks to plan an elaborate Relief Society Christmas dinner. Thankfully, I had a lot of help and support from the 2nd counselor, and a committee. It turned out beautifully, and I'm so glad it's over!
I think 5 posts for one day is enough. So I'll call it quits. I'll take pictures of our Christmas tomorrow and post them soon. Merry Christmas everyone!
1 comment:
Thank you for the wonderful updates. It was really fun to see the videos. I hope your Christmas is wonderful! I love the three of you so much!
Post a Comment