Monday, February 15, 2010

Thoughts

So far in my pregnancy, I have found it both interesting and comforting to gain knowledge about the details of pregnancy and how the body works and changes. But, I think I need to stop using internet research to find out what a normal pregnancy should be. Today I looked up photos of what other pregnant women look like at 16 weeks, as I am also approaching my 16th week. What inevitably followed was my feeling that something must be wrong with my pregnancy. So many of the pictures were women with HUGE bellies. I am still very small, and so this made me quite paranoid. It seems like there are endless things to worry about when pregnant, and internet research seems to make it worse! So, now I am trying to assume everything's fine until it is proven otherwise. Sometimes it's so hard to wait for the next doctor's appointment...

5 comments:

acandiedapple said...

I remember feeling like that. Everyone is different and I bet a lot of those women have had kids before. If you're in good shape before pregnancy I think you don't start looking pregnant until around 20 weeks or so. Of course, it all varies from person to person.

I drove myself (and Jason) crazy comparing online. I even checked the iVillage message board for people due the same month I was. It can make you bonkers.

Brandon and Becca said...

I'm sure you're fine. First babies don't show til a lot later than 2nd or 3rd babies. It also depends on how you carry, how big the baby is, how big you are, how long your abdomen is, etc.

Youngs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Dawn i'm so happy for you and Chris - keep those pictures coming, I'm loving them!

Unknown said...

Thanks April! We're way excited. I'll try to be better with pictures too. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn,

Just as everyone said, no need to worry about size especially at this time. I don't think I really even started showing until recently about 21-23 weeks. Even now, I don't think people can tell if I'm pregnant or just gaining weight, lol!