It has taken me about two months to get Peter to eat 7 solids. At first, I thought it was a lost cause because no matter what I gave him, he would purse his lips and turn his head away from the spoon. I temporarily gave him fruits to get him to appreciate solids, which he enjoyed for the sweetness, I’m guessing. He takes after his mom’s sweet tooth.
Anyway, then I gave him vegetables. That was a challenge because he pretty much avoided all Gerber foods, which is fine because I prefer to make all of his food home-made if I have the time. It appears that we have a food snob already. Again, taking after his parents, unfortunately. But I’m happy to say that he’s eating sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, and oatmeal.
He doesn’t eagerly eat anything. Rather, we put the spoon in his mouth when it is open, and he doesn’t spit it out. So, there are improvements to be made. But I have learned that persistence is important with Peter. He may refuse a food ten times, but he’ll generally get accustomed to a flavor and begin to accept it. It also helps that he’s not quite as willful yet because he’s still so young. Or maybe that’s just Peter.
A picture of Peter's latest solids accomplishment: peas, which are all over his face
No comments:
Post a Comment