Wednesday, August 17, 2011
11 months
11 month old Peter is still chubby and happy. This month brought two more teeth (finally!) totalling four. He also started to talk. By the end of the month, he was saying ball (first word other than mama and dada), teeth, Ewww!, mama, dada, hello (for some reason, he bypassed "hi"), bath, up (his first fully formed word), and two more I can't remember at this time. :( Should have blogged sooner!Behold the device that Chris placed under Peter's feet to stop him from pounding his heels on the chair. We have a VERY particular neighbor who is not used to the poor sound insulation in these apartments. She has come up on numerous occasions and asked us to please stop making so much noise. One time, Chris dropped a pot once. Another time, Peter threw his toys on the floor. And another time, I was walking too loudly as I was trying to quickly bring groceries in from the car because Peter was occupied in his exersaucer play thing. The most recent time, Peter was pounding his heels on his chair. sigh. Poor kid does it all the time because he's happy, but I guess that is off limits. There have been more visits, but I can't remember what they were for. We also have to deal with noise from our neighbors upstairs, but I haven't complained yet. I sorta figure that's part of living in old apartment.I love this picture! Mostly because it shows how amazingly chubby and rolley polley he is! But also because it reminds me of all the times that Peter likes to run away from me after I clean him up from particularly messy diapers. This particular event led to him peeing on the floor because I got the camera instead of making him sit still for a diaper. I guess that's what I get.Our family's first trip to the National Mall. Peter actually wore his hat long enough for me to take this picture, but only just that long. His head is so big that I can't bring the straps together to velcro. So the hat comes off instead. Tribute to Julia Child. There's a Kitchen Aid in there, and I had to wonder if she ever used a Kitchen Aid mixer... Anyway, this is the only picture we managed to take during our trip, for whatever reason. Too much to see to think about pictures, I guess. Peter was remarkably patient throughout the whole thing. He very much enjoys looking at his surroundings, especially when they're new to him.Peter is busy cruising around on furniture these days, but he hasn't wanted to take any steps independent of both hands on furniture. Someday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment