Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Happy Birthday Peter!
One year?! Where did the time go? What a good year it's been. Chris and I have been blessed with such a sweet, mellow, curious, smart little boy. We are so happy to have him in our family and can't wait to see him continue to grow. We love you, Peter!
One of his birthday presents. A little too advanced for him at this stage, but hopefully he'll pick up on it in a little while.
Peter's first experience in a bubble bath. He loved it.
Peter loves time with his daddy. And Daddy loves time with Peter, especially when he gets to play with Peter's new birthday toys at the same time! :)
Peter has been talking and talking more and more all the time. He says so many things, it's hard to keep track. Although he is still fond of babbling and jabbering nonsensical sounds. He does it constantly when we're at home and he's happy.
One of Peter's favorite things to do is to read books. I just love this about him, as one of Chris's and my favorite things to do together is read books together. I can't wait for the time when I can introduce him to Harry Potter.
This past month, Peter has started to walk just holding on with one hand, though tentatively. He's still pretty nervous about this whole bipedal thing. Perhaps he'll be walking by 13 months, but I'm not holding my breath for it!
Peter is slowly getting used to eating our food, but he still has a hard time with vegetables. He prefers them in puree form. But thankfully he isn't allergic to peanut butter, because it's so much easier than cooking something for him or pureeing something for him. I'm liking this new stage of eating.
I have a video of Peter demolishing his birthday cupcake that I'll try to post soon. It's kind of funny, and it was amusing to see that he didn't like to have chocolate cake and frosting all over his hands. He's not quite as fastidious with not being sticky as his mother is, but it's there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dawn, his great big round cheeks are very pinch-able and too cute. Happy Birthday Peter! I hope when he starts walking on his own he doesn't lumber like Grace does. She sounds like a mini elephant upstairs sometimes. Your neighbor might think you've "released the kracken."
Post a Comment