This year, I decided to do a complete Thanksgiving dinner for the first time ever. It all turned out great! Even Peter seemed to enjoy it. It was a delightful Thanksgiving, and I was thoroughly exhausted after it was all done. But it was so worth it!
Forgot to get the ribbon salad out for the picture, but that turned out yummy too.
We broke down and got a fake tree this year. I couldn't put up with the ginormous spiders that crawled out of our tree last year. So creepy!! Anyway, I am a little saddened by the fake tree thing, but at least it looks pretty enough. I think the tree looks a little like a department store tree, unfortunately. Oh well. Hopefully in future years we'll acquire some fun and individual ornaments to make the tree more unique and homey.
Peter is loving the tree a little too much. He is finding it difficult to avoid pulling off the ornaments. But then there are other times I am actually amazed at his forebearance. Usually, I have to watch him like a hawk, and it almost seems not worth it sometimes, but in the end I'm glad we have it. Let the Christmas festivities begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment