Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peter at nearly 15 months in Washington

Last October, I visited my parents in Washington with Peter.  It was quite the adventure to take Peter by myself when I was just past the first trimester.  But, we made it, and it was a nice visit.  While we were there, Brian and Ann took some very lovely pictures which haven't posted until now.  Peter is a few months older now, but these are too fun and turned out too great not to post.

It's crazy how red Peter's hair looks in some of these photos.  I used to think he had my hair color, but now I think it might be a mix of Chris's and mine.  Actually, now that he's getting older, I think Peter's whole face is a pretty good mix of both Chris and me.  It's hard to say who he looks more like sometimes.  When he was a little baby, he looked a little more like me.  In these pictures, he looks a little more like Chris.  Now that he's getting older, he's becoming more of a mix. 



He's past the fun stage where he always smiles for the camera.  Oh well.

He looks a little like Chris in this one, I think.

I think I'm trying to keep him from running after the truck...

...as seen in this photo.  I believe it was the Schwan's truck, but he thought it was a bus.  He has long been obsessed with all things vehicular.  Particularly backhoes, since we had a real backhoe in our neighborhood for a few weeks that he got to see in action!  So fun. 

Peter's favorite place to be is outside.  He loves to be a free spirit. 



Very blue eyes in this picture.  Sometimes they look more gray, but then other days more blue like this.

Again, trying to get Peter to stay put for pictures.  Not very successfully, I might add.

And the series with the rocks.  This was the height of his put-everything-in-his-mouth stage.  Fun for him and not fun for Momma.  It does kind of look like he's smelling the rock in this one...

And in it goes...

An odd but cute little expression.  In this one, I imagine him thinking, "heh, heh, Mommy doesn't want me to put rocks in my mouth, but I'm going to try and sneak them in anyway..."

An innocent look at me as he's probably thinking, "Oh, were you talking to me?"

And in this one, he laughs maniacally and thinks, "She can't stop me!  Ha ha ha!"

Very large rock...

And another one...

Oh, my mischievous little man...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lauren said...

These pictures are REALLY cute! What a handsome nephew I have!!!