Thursday, June 14, 2012

Elly's blessing



It's official.  Little Elly was blessed as Eleanor Marilyn Layton on June 3rd.  It was a lovely day and Chris gave her a sweet blessing.  It was nice to have my dad be in the circle.

I am not super thrilled with her dress, as it is a little to frilly and not a comfortable cotton one.  However, she looked cute, and she didn't seem to mind the material.  I'm not so sure about the bow on her head, but both Chris and Dad really liked it, so it stayed.

Peter has seemed to figure out that it's appropriate to smile for pictures.  Funny boy.



Elly is gaining like a champ, as evidenced by her chubby cheeks.  It's so nice to have a good nurser!  It is so much easier than bottle feeding!!  And tons easier than pumping and bottle feeding.  Thank goodness for my little nursing baby girl.  She wouldn't have been patient for me to pump, and Peter definitely wouldn't have been patient for me to pump.  


It's hard to get any pictures of here with her eyes open in the morning, but we managed to get a few.  She also just started to smile at us socially.  She's not as smiley as Peter was, but she'll give us cute little smiles every now and then. 
 


For the first 6 weeks of her life, I slept on the couch--that's how bad she slept.  But finally, it has started getting better and she is sleeping longer in her little cosleeper bed that we bought. 

She is a little higher maintenance baby than Peter was.  She has sort of fussy periods in the evenings where she wants to be either eating or being held while we walk around or bounce on the exercise ball with her.  This lasts from about 5 to 9.  Then I try to put her to sleep, but I can't seem to get her to go down for the night before 11:30.  But at least she sleeps for a few hours once I've finally put her down.

Now if only Peter would sleep in a little later than 5:30...


She is a sweet little addition to the family.  We love you Elly!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: