Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grandpa's and Peter's birthdays

 Dad's birthday was on the 27th. This would have been a much more fun birthday if Dad hadn't had a strange salivary gland infection that made chewing and swallowing excruciatingly painful.  Poor Dad.  He could only eat soft food, so I made him a tuna cheese grilled sandwich and tomato soup for his birthday dinner.  Not too exciting, but this is one of his favorite comfort foods. 
 And Peter's birthday on the 28th.  He was very spoiled this year and got lots of toys and a tricycle.  He has not figured out how to pedal consistently, so this trike has not proved very exciting.  Oh well.  Maybe a few more months.
 Peter requested pasta for his birthday dinner over pizza and Baja Fresh taquitos, which he also loves.  I love that a home-cooked meal makes him happy on his birthday.  And I love his messy face in this photo.  Don't so much love to clean up his messy face, but it's pretty funny nonetheless.
 And we splurged and got him an ice cream oreo cake.  I love the excitement in his eyes in this photo.  Very fun.
And another messy face picture post-ice cream cake.  Yes, he was a happy boy this year as he turned two.  Yikes!  I can't believe my baby boy turned two!  He has been such a sweet little guy and it has been fun watching him grow this past year and hearing him take off with his talking.  He has started singing a lot, which is so fun to hear.  Oh how we love our little Peter!

No comments: