Well, here is Elly at 7 months. She is sitting up very well and hardly ever falls over, but I still like to have the boppy behind her just in case. Now if we can ever get to crawling. Whenever I put her on her belly to practice, she immediately rolls over. She hates being on her belly. I hope she learns to crawl soon, though, because she's not very good at entertaining herself lately. She is bored with her usual toys.
It is hard getting this girl to smile at me for pictures. She smiles much more readily at Peter and Chris.
I recall trying to get her to smile in this picture, but she was clearly done with the picture taking.
And this one was when Peter was doing something she found amusing. She smiles at Peter often.
She is a cute little 7 month old. Now we wish she would start jabbering. Still nothing. Little coos, but mostly just silence. I know she can hear really well because she's very responsive to sound, just not very vocal. And she's oddly good at expressing her wishes, despite her lack of jabber, but she doesn't seem to want to experiment with sounds yet. Although in the past few days she has been doing some raspberries. We are a little impatient I think because Peter was saying all kinds of consonants and combining syllables at 5 months.
She is doing crazy things with her sleep. Sometimes she is up several times, and sometimes just once. It was so easy to sleep train Peter because he was bottle fed. Not proving so easy with a particular breast fed baby. Hopefully she will adjust to a schedule sooner rather than later.

No comments:
Post a Comment