Here is our cute little angel at five months. She started to get super interactive around this time. She especially loves her daddy and Peter. She smiles whenever Peter gets close to her or whenever he is also smiling. So fun to see.. Although it has only been recent that he has taken an interest in her.
She has not been babbling at all, which worries us a little, but she coos and is very social in every other way. It's probably too bad that she has an older brother that was super advanced with his speech, thereby causing us to compare Elly with Peter all the time.
She started rolling over at five months, but hates being on her tummy. In fact, only at the end of six months did she learn to sit up. We worried about that because she always hated when we would try to have her sit anywhere. She always wanted to be standing or be held. She has been a very particular baby so far.
Chris and I have noticed that she is polar opposite from Peter in every way. Girl. Not a great night sleeper. Great nurser. Very sensitive and gets feelings hurt very easily. Cries easily. Won't take to solids. Slow to speak. Even though Peter is in his terrible twos, he is still fairly mellow, which does not describe Elly AT ALL. I have a feeling I might understand what karma is when she gets old enough to be a dramatic young lady...
At six months she finally learned to sit up. At the very end of six months. She was just too stubborn to practice it. She would always arch her back whenever you tried to sit her down, making it impossible for her to be sitting. Thank goodness for the bumbo to give her some practice. She couldn't arch her back out of that thing. :) But strangely, she didn't seem to mind sitting in it.
She is chewing on everything, all the time. At six months, she was content to chew on her teething toys, but now she is getting moody if we don't let her chew on non-teething items. I guess she is bored.
Also I feel I should mention she transitioned from 3-6 clothes to 6-9 clothes at 5 months, and then just a month later to 9-12 clothes. Somebody had a little growth spurt! So now she is back on target with her growth from when she was two months.
Sleep has been a real issue. She was so great at five months, but lately she has been getting up at least three times a night. I tried doing the cry-it-out thing, but that was disastrous and she just screamed. The girl really likes to nurse for comfort. I always put her down for naps and sleep when she's still awake, and she is able to fall asleep without any drama. So I can't understand why she feels the need to nurse every time she wakes up at night. I'm really hoping she gets better with her sleep, but I am feeling at the end of my rope sometimes. SO TIRED!
Whenever I try to take a picture of Elly, Peter always wants to be front and center in the picture. Such a funny boy. He has taken to giving cute little smiles for pictures again, so that is fun.
It is also nice that he acknowledges his little sister now. Although he doesn't like to get to close to her if she is in a grab everything mood. She can scratch pretty well if I don't keep her nails trimmed.

No comments:
Post a Comment