Elly at nine months. This is at the beginning of nine months, when she was so close to crawling, but not quite.
This is a good picture to talk about Elly's hatred of books. It is so weird, but ever since she was a tiny baby, she has been vehemently opposed to books, and has arched her back whenever we tried to read to her. Don't know what it's about, but I hope she gets over it, because Chris, Peter and I all LOVE to read.
I still am not getting any sleep this month, with her. For a couple weeks, she has been waking up every hour and a half. Not cool. My body finally gave up and I got shingles. Shingles at 29!! It was a very stressful time because the doctor said I couldn't nurse Elly through the meds. Turns out she was wrong, so that is good, because Elly only took 4 ounces in 18 hours of trying to get her to take a bottle. She has always been so strong willed since she was a newborn. Makes me kind of scared of what she will be when she's a toddler...
Not sure why Peter is missing pants in this. Probably, he had a little accident because I didn't remember to take him potty. He rarely makes a huge mess, but he always goes just enough to get a little wet spot on his otherwise clean pants.
We had a lovely visit from Chris's parents when I had shingles. They were total lifesavers. Cozy helped me with cleaning, and laundry, and the kids, and she even went bought us groceries. So nice to have help when you are a sick mamma. It hardly ever happens that somebody takes care of you when you are sick and a mom, so this was a dream come true!
Peter just LOVES his Nana and Papa. They are great with him and he gets so excited whenever he sees them.

No comments:
Post a Comment