We went ahead and got a parking pass to the National Zoo. Not a bad deal, since the zoo itself is free. Gotta love living in DC sometimes. It really is a great little zoo. And they just got in a new carousel, so Peter is thrilled.
When Peter saw this a few months ago, he screamed and would not get close. We have now convinced him that he doesn't need to be scared. Now he thinks they are cool, thank goodness. It just won't do to have my son be as scared of spiders as I am. :)
Elly pretty much stayed in the stroller, but she loved it. She quite enjoys walks and going outdoors. Not sure she knows what to make of the animals, but she loved it.
Cute baby girl!
In other news, Elly is SLEEPING!! At long last! The last week, she has been nursing one or two times a night, tops. LOVE! I have been trying to let her fuss a little bit, because she hasn't been crying as hard when she wakes up lately. If she does cry hard, I will go and get her, otherwise she'll just fuss herself back to sleep after a few minutes. She is definitely waking up less now that she is learning to self-soothe and put herself back to sleep without the aid of nursing. I feel like a new woman and feel like the Lord is answering my prayers. Hooray for sleep!

No comments:
Post a Comment