Wow, I think I completely missed Elly's 3 month mark for the blog. Probably because we were packing up and moving to Virginia. Yes, it was kind of nightmare packing up our little apartment with Peter and a 3 month old baby, but with Dad's help, we managed. It was a very stressful last day of loading and cleaning and driving a very old, huge diesel truck with bad breaks. Glad it's over! We love our new little townhome that we are renting. I'll have to get some pictures soon.
In the mean time, here are some pictures of Elly at 4 months. She has grown, but has not kept up with her height growth. She dropped from the 74th percentile to the 49th percentile. Part of me wonders if this is because I can't get her to sleep during the day for more than two or three hours on a typical day. Peter proves just too noisy to get a good rest. Two to three hours for a 4 month old is not enough! Especially when said 4 month old requires being held and walked around for her waking hours to be happy. Yes, Elly is proving to be kind of a fussy baby. But with the constant teething and constant sleep deprivation, I can't say I blame her. I just hope she learns to sleep a little bit better so that she can stay healthy!
This is how Elly looks whenever she is put down. She gets all tense and wide-eyed and nervous looking and wiggles her arms and legs and calls out until she is picked up. This girl does not make it easy to raise two kids 2 and under. Thank goodness for Dad's help of late, otherwise Elly and I might both go crazy.
Elly with Grandpa. I've decided that Elly just prefers men. She loves Dad and Chris. She likes me, but I suspect this is because I am her food source. :)
I love how sweet her countenance becomes when her face lights up in a smile. She can be such a sweet little angel sometimes. I hope she gets a little more satisfied with life when she can sit up on her own and crawl around. I feel badly when I have Peter and Elly with just me, because inevitably Peter is very demanding of my attention, and Elly gets the short end of the stick occasionally.
1 comment:
Wow! How exciting! Where in VA did you move to?
Post a Comment